Farab was established and began operating as the main contractor in the field of energy and water projects in 1992. Success in its core business encouraged Farab to broaden its range of activities and engage step-by-step in oil, gas and petrochemical projects, railway industries, thermal power plants, and after installation services. Today, Farab is one of the leading contractors in Iran with a solid track record of quality, efficiency, safety and cost effectiveness.
• International contract for hydropower plant, 10 MW Yala 1 (in Kenya)
• First contract for construction of wastewater treatment plant, Lavizan (in Iran)
• Start of construction of the first power plant with F-class turbine in Farab
• Achieving the record of 10,000 MW of electricity output in hydropower and thermal power plants
• International contract for hydropower plant, 37.6 MW Deralok 2 (in Iraq)
• First International Contract for oil, gas and petrochemical projects, has been signed with Iraq south oil company (in Iraq)
International contract for hydropower plant, 5.2 MW Terem (in Kenya)
• International contract for road construction, Kalar-Kifri road (in Iraq)
• Establishment of Farab Operations and Maintenance Co.
International contract for supervision over operation and maintenance, 2400 MW Bakun HPP (in Malaysia)
• First international contract for thermal power plant, 320 MW Alsadder- phase 2 (in Iraq)
• Farab is awarded two advanced metering infrastructure projects for the first time in Iran
• First railway contract, Mashhad urban railway line 2 (in Iran)
• First operation and maintenance contract, 1000 MW Upper Gotvand (in Iran)
• International contract for the civil part of Kindaruma hydropower plant (in Kenya)
• Design of hydro turbine using domestic expertise for the first time in Iran
• International contract for dam, conveyance tunnel and hydropower plant, 120 MW Uma Oya power plant in (in Sri Lanka)
• Establishment of Farab Construction Co.
• International contract for hydropower plant, 25 MW Tana (in Kenya)
• Establishment of Nardis Co.
First International contract for hydropower plant, 220 MW Sangtuda 2 (in Tajikistan)
• First contract for thermal power plant, 120 MW Ilam gas turbine (in Iran)
• First contract for oil, gas and petrochemical, Nar gas compressor station (in Iran)
• Establishment of Farab Investment and Trade Co.
First pumped storage power plant contract, 1,000 MW Siah Bisheh (in Iran)
• Farab set of hydropower plant contracts reached 10,000 MW with the 1,000 MW Masjed Soleyman Extension
• Establishment of Farab Equipment Manufacturing Co.
First contract for hydropower plant, 1000 MW Karoun 1 (in Iran)
Farab was established as a general contractor