Iran LNG plant is located on the west coast of South Pars Gas Field Development, at Tombak. Two parallel LNG trains with a total production of more than 10 MMTPA of LNG will be installed. In addition to LNG, the plant will produce LPG, condensate and sulfur. The feed gas will be supplied from the South Pars gas producing area.
The NIOC LNG project has been divided into upstream and downstream developments.
The LNG Project upstream development, provides the following facilities:
- Offshore platforms
- Feed gas pipeline, slug catcher and condensate treatment
- Condensate storage and loading (Condensate jetty top work) facilities
The LNG Project downstream development consists of the LNG plant, including storage and loading facilities and has been divided into the following packages:
- LNG plant (Package I), which includes process, utilities and offsite areas, including loading facilities (top work only) and buildings. Client intends to divide Package I into the following packages:
- Package I-A: Liquefaction units, comprising of unit 15, 16, 17 and 18.
- Package I-B: Treating units (Lurgi sulfur management complex – LSMC) including unit 12, 13, 19 and unit 11 (Feed gas metering), Unit 14 (Mercury removal unit) and Unit 20 (LPG sweetening)
- Package I-C: E-LNG including power station, electric motors and compressors
- Package I-D: Utilities and off-sites
- LNG storage sanks (Package II), which includes LNG and LPG tanks
- Harbor and jetties (Package III), excluding loading facilities
The project has been suspended by the client since mid-2013.