- Capacity: 1,000 MW (4 Units of 250 MW)
- Type of power house: Underground
- Average annual power generation: 152.3 GWh
- Main equipment:
- Turbine: Vertical Francis pump-turbine with capacity of 260 MW in turbine situation and 235 MW in pump situation, 700 tons each
- Generator/ Motor: Motors with capacity of 300 MVA in generator situation and 290 MVA in motor
situation, 500 rpm
- Inlet valve: Spherical, 2.5 m inner outlet diameter
- Governor: Digital PLC (electrohydraulic) governors, 60 bar
- Generator busduct: Isolated phase busducts, 18 KA
- Transformer: Single phase step up Transformers, 100 MVA
- Crane: Two power house main cranes, 210 tons each
- Client: Iran Water & Power Resources Development Co.
- Main Contractor: Farab
- Location: Mazandaran, Iran
- Scheme: EPC
- Scope: Electromechanical & hydromechanical equipment
- Progress: Completed
Role of Farab Equipment Manufacturing Co.
- Material Supply and Local Manufacturing Management of:
- Pump-turbine (Draft tube, pit liner, spiral case, stay ring, bottom ring, head cover, operating ring, wicket gate & lever, Shaft)
- Motor generator (Upper and lower bracket, stator frame, rotor hub, rotor rim sheet, air and oil cooler, tools)
- Governor pressure vessel and hydraulic piping system
Role of Farab Construction Co.
- Installation of electromechanical & hydromechanical equipment, precommissioning and commissioning
Role of Farab Operations and Maintenance Co.
- Power plant operation, maintenance and repair