- Client: Tabesh Co.
- Main Contractor: Farab
- Location: Sistan and Baluchestan- South Khorasan and Razavi Khorasan, Iran
- Scheme: E
- Scope: Basic design of intake system, desalination & power generation plant and water transmission system
- Progress: Ongoing
The project aim is to produce desalinated water from Oman seawater and transport to eastern provinces of Iran (Sistan and Baluchestan, South Khorasan and Razavi Khorasan) in order to provide water demand of the aforesaid regions.
Due to economically and technically optimization, the desalination and water transportation are scheduled to be conducted through different three time phases with the modules whose capacity is 2.5 million cubic meters per day.
The project consists of three main portions as water intake system, desalination & power generation plant and water transmission system.
Location: Intake and desalination plant in Chabahar city (Mokran region), transmission pipeline from Chabahar to Zahedan, Birjand and finally Mashhad city.
The project consists of water intake system, desalination & power generation plant and water transmission system as follow:
- Sea water intake (3 * 2.7 million cubic meters per day (3 * 110,000 m3/hr))
- Membrane-thermal hybrid desalination (Reverse Osmosis system (80%) & Multi Effect Distillation system (20%))
- Power and steam generation system of plant (645 MW)
- Water transmission pipeline (including approximately 17 pump stations and 1,700 km pipeline)
- BOP systems (Machinery cooling, Natural gas, Gasoil, Compressed air, Drainage, Fire Fighting, HVAC)
- Civil works
- Electrical Systems
- I&C systems